Guangxi University has started receiving CGS applications. Please read through the following instructions before you begin to make the application.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR
2017 CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP，
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Major Studies
Duration of Remedial
Chinese Language Studies
Duration of Scholarship
Courses for students obtaining Chinese Government Scholarship are generally taught in Chinese. Applicants with fundamental knowledge of Chinese language, unless their school and supervisors provide courses taught in English, are required to take one-year preparatory Chinese language courses before major study. Students who choose programs taught in English or whose Chinese proficiency has reached professional learning requirements do not need to attend Chinese classes. Duration for scholarship could NOT be extended unless the students make written application upon unavoidable reasons.
Applicants have to submit application documents before March 30, 2017.
Qualifications of Applicants
1. Applicants in good health must be non-Chinese citizens and not studying in China now.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master studies must have bachelor’s degree and should be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctorate studies must have master’s degree and should be under the age of 40.
Applicants have to fill and submit the following application documents (in quadruplicate). Meanwhile, applicants shall apply online first and then submit Guangxi University their application documents in quadruplicate through postal service.
Please follow the steps below to make the application:
1. The applicants shall visit the website of Chinese Government Scholarship and apply online first. (linkage: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn). Applicants are strongly recommended to read through the instructions on the website before making application.
2. Sign up, log in with your user’s name and password and fill in the application information.
3. Fill in the correct Agency Number of Guangxi University: 10593
4. Fill in the application form truly, correctly, and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
5. Check carefully before submitting it, print 4 copies of application forms(saved as PDF form). Prepare other supporting documents as required and send full package of application documents to International Education College, Guangxi University (in quadruplicate).
Application Materials (all prepared in quadruplicate with the right order)
Application Form of Chinese Government Scholarship
Stick photo to the application and sign your name at the last page. Note the serial number at the right bottom.
Recommendation Letter (2 copies)
Referrer must be a professor or associate professor. The letter must be written in Chinese or English.
Copy of Academic Transcript of Highest degree
Certifications of Highest Diploma Certificate
Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months)
1. The form should be filled in English.
2. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
3. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
A Study of Research Plan
In Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.
New HSK Certification
Not essential, but the Hsk-4 or above holder can enter the major studies without one-year Chinese Language studies
Works of Arts
For Art major applicants, 2 sketches,2 color painting and 2 other works should be submitted in light disk
Works of Music
For Music major applicants, 1 work of music should be submitted in CD.
Colleges and majors
Applicants can choose to study any major of any colleges or schools at Guangxi University except for languages other than Chinese, such as English, Japanese, etc.
To know more about the programs available at GXU, please visit the following linkage:
Approval and Notification
1. Guangxi University will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on the applied majors and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwarded to China Scholarship Council (CSC) who will make the final decision. The application will be regarded as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
2. Overseas applicants for degree programs who are academically ineligible to the program could register as students-on-probation for at most one year. They could be switched to regular ones if they pass the entrance examination or relevant courses required after one-year probation. Credits scored on probation will be included in the total credits. Students who attend Chinese language training courses before major studies must pass the entrance examination or relevant tests required during their Chinese study so as to continue their major studies. Those who fail the required examinations shall end their study and leave for their home country.
3. Scholarship applicants accepted by Guangxi University will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to Ministry of Education of China( MOEC) for the record.
4. Students are not permitted, in principle, to change their majors, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
5. CSC will send the List of Enrolled Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the relevant dispatching authorities by July 31, so as to have these documents forwarded to the awardees.
Contact Person: Mr. Chen Lang
Admission Office, International Education College,
Room 221, Yulin Building, Western Campus, Guangxi University
No. 100 East Daxue Road, Nanning, Guangxi, P. R. China
The government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region establishes a full system of scholarship for Cambodian students so as to sponsor them to study and do research in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region for the following purposes: to enhance the mutual contacts and understanding and friendship between the peoples from the two countries, and to promote exchange and cooperation in the following fields of education, science & technology, culture, and economy & trade between the two countries. It is Guangxi University for Nationalities that is commissioned to take charge of the enrollment of students applying for this scholarship.This scholarship has been implemented from 2010.
1. What requirements do applicants need to meet?
1) It is demanded that the applicant be a Cambodian student.
2) It is demanded that the applicant be younger than 30.
3) It is demanded that the applicant be a person of good personality without any criminal record.
4) It is demanded that the applicant should abide by laws and regulations of related universities as well as Chinese government.
5) It is demanded that the applicant be in good physical conditions and should not suffer from infectious or other serious diseases that are forbidden by Chinese quarantine authorities.
6) It is demanded that the applicant should respect the customs of Chinese people.
1) It is demanded that undergraduate candidates have an HSK certificate (level 4 or above) and own a high school diploma. The applicant studying in Guangxi University for Nationalities for Bachelor's degree can enjoy the priority to be recommended to pursue his/her study for Master's degree in this university after he or she graduates. The applicant can also apply for his/her study for Master's degree in other universities in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
2) It is demanded that master's degree candidate not only own a Bachelor's degree diploma, a graduation certificate of undergraduate study,as well as an HSK certificate (level 6 or above), but also be recommended by at least two associate professors.
3) It is demanded that Chinese language students have a high school diploma or be going to study in a college in Cambodia.
2. Who can apply for scholarship?
●Bachelor’s Degree Candidates. Scholarship quota for this category is three (four academic years)
●Master’s Degree Candidates. Scholarship quota for this category is two (three academic years)
●Chinese Language Students. Scholarship quota for this category is five (one academic year)
3. What application materials do the applicants need?
It is required that applicants fill in and offer the following documents honestly, correctly and completely.
1) An original script of Application Form for Guangxi Government Scholarship for Cambodian Students which can be filled in English or Chinese.
2) One copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
3) A notarized proof of no criminal record.
4). It is demanded that university students or applicants employed should provide proof of studying or employment on application. Documents in Cambodian are required to be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. What’s more, the notarized highest education certificate and academic transcripts are needed.
5) I t is demanded that applicants for music or art programs hand in tapes or photographs of their works.
6) A study or research plan in Chinese or English (at least 400 words for undergraduate programs,at least 500 words for Master's degree programs, at least 200 words for Chinese language students);
4. How can applicants select institutions and specialties?
The applicant for this scholarship is required to learn the Chinese language for one year in Guangxi University for Nationalities if he or she does not meet the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) 4 standard when applying. Once the applicant has obtained this certificate, the undergraduate programs of every university in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region is available for he or she to apply for. While for the applicant for a Master's degree, he or she is demanded to meet the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) 6 standard.
5. What are the application Procedures and timing?
From January to April for each year Applicants currently living in Cambodia are required to hand in their applications to Cultural Office of the Chinese Embassy to Cambodia; Applicants in China are required to submit directly their applications to School of International Education of Guangxi University for Nationalities.
6. Contact Details
Contacts of School of International Education of Guangxi University for Nationalities:
Address: No.188, East Daxue Rd., Nanning, China
Postal Code: 530006
Notes: There may be some changes of the details of Guangxi Government Scholarship Program for Cambodian Students in 2011.